Sunday, May 12, 2013

Chapter 16: Transcript


How about instead of a personal log for today, I just do this instead:  I ask the universe what the hell I am supposed to do now?

We never ran simulations with me managing District 8 on my own.  And the sims we did run did not have a twelve hour gap in the data or involve trying to detangle data feeds because Mr. Hummel decided to merge them.  My projections can't be accurate, I have no idea what's going on out there, and we've lost an action team as well as my boss.

And I'm just supposed to step in and take over and make it all work?  Alone?  Seriously?

I'd say "Of course you can do this Emma," and "They wouldn't ask you to do it if you couldn't handle it, Emma," only there's no one else to do it right now.

I can do it.  I have to do it.  We still have possibly thousands of people out there to bring in once we hit Omega and I'm going to have to be the one to manage it.  I have to pull it together for them.  For Mr. Ryan.  For Able Team.

Right.  Do it.  First I'm going to need to clear the data streams, then I can sort out our population projection curves.  I'm just going to have to hope that some sign of Mr. Ryan shows up then because we can't spare the satellite imaging anymore looking for him. I don't even know if I can spare Fox or Golf teams for a SAR mission.

I hope he's okay.  Not just so he can take over again-- which would be nice.  Did I mention we did not do any simulations for this?

I have work to do.  Emma Morgan.  Personal Log.  25 December 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment